Sailing can be a relaxing recreational activity. But to sail a boat well requires great teamwork between the crew. Groups interested in building their team spirit, communication, cooperation and camaraderie often turn to sailing to provide a fun team-building experience. Prior sailing experience is definitely not necessary.
Peter Isler and Isler Sailing International produce and participate in many of these events each year. We can help you produce a memorable sailing event for your group, either in our home port of San Diego, or literally anywhere a boat will float. The program can range from full-blown team-building activities to an exciting and entertaining trip under sail.
Learning to sail a boat well, around a course or in a fun competition puts the crew in a unique situation. They must learn new skills together as a group – solving problems and working together in a fun and challenging environment. Together on a boat – co-workers must abandon pre-existing relationships and solve problems together – as a team.
Our team building events take many forms based on the needs of the particular client. Group sizes vary from two – six participants on a single boat with a “coach” to large groups of several hundred divided between many sailboats and often a large spectator boat. More intensive multi-day programs are available, but many groups enjoy scheduling a shorter program that takes only a few hours and can be a great break from a convention or business meeting.
- Introductory presentation by America’s Cup winner Peter Isler.
- Dockside orientation on the boats.
- Head out on the water and learn to sail and operate the boat as a team under the tutelage of onboard coach
- Compete in a race against other boats
- Head back to shore for an awards presentation hosted by Peter Isler (always a fun affair as sea stories from the day are swapped).